After a long winter are now 18 drivers ready to take Söderhamn together with SM-week. New interesting names are listed in the starting list, but the favorite cabinet must be borne by the experienced names.
It competed for Championship medals in Winter Sprint on Sunday in Söderhamn. Besides Supercar Lites cars are also the super-national classes in the package of Helsinge Motorstadion in Söderhamn. Among the favorites in the lites class as found among parts of the top three from RallyX On Ice 2016. The runner-up Thomas Bryntesson from Töcksfors and last year bronsmedeljör Alexander Westlund from Torsåker we find in the start list, Westlund’s goal done separately after the ignominious ending to 2016 RallyX on Ice.
– Final is the goal of the weekend, it’s racing very close to home and I hope for great support during the competition. It’s a tough starting field this year and more uncertain than before, says Westlund for Sunday’s clash.
From the Global Rallycross in the US will great talent Mitchell De Jong, De Jong, who previously represented Olsberg MSE both Supercar Lites and in-car and makes his first appearance in RallyX On Ice. From Lulea MS will siblings Andrew and Jessica Bäckman, both with a strong track record from karting. Away from the rally woods popping Oscar Solberg from Norway up and the start list are well-known names from RallyX Nordic. Comeback behind the wheel also makes Eric Faren, former RallyX Nordic runner-up will start his own team which will premiere in Söderhamn.
– Comeback as the driver is in the current situation just for this race, for the season as the team to drive a car-Lites in both RallyX Nordic and RX2 series. No drivers are officially in the current situation, says the Färén who spent 2016 as a mechanic and spotter for Sebastian Loeb in rally championships.
A qualified drivers at the start then Anders Michalak from Almunge. Michalak who has an extensive track record in, Crosskart, Supermoto, ice rink and the hill is now making his first race in a Supercar Lites car.
– I would very much like to get to the semifinals as one of twelve drivers. To begin with, he is an experienced master has also the habit to aim high, says Michalak to UNT.se before the debut in Söderhamn
The competition in Söderhamn broadcast live on SVT play on Sunday between 08:45 and 14:45, and parallel with SM-week rally sprint.
Start list RallyX On Ice SM-week Soderhamn
3. Alexander Westlund, Westlund’s RX
4. William Nilsson, JC Race Technology
5. Jonathan Walfridson, Helmia Motorized
6. Sondre Evjen, JC Race Engineering
7. Thomas Bryntesson, JC Race Technology
8. Ben-Philip Gundersen
9. Jessica Backman, Olsberg MSE
10. Andreas Backman, Olsberg MSE
11. Oliver Eriksson, Olsberg MSE
12. Anders Michalak
13. Mitchell De Jong, Olsberg MSE
14. Eric sheep, sheep Team
15. Thomas Holmen Holmen RX
16. Hampus Rådström
17. Vasily Gryazin SRT
18. Oscar Solberg, JC Race Technology
19. Simon Olofsson, Simon Olofsson RX
20. Sandra Hultgren, Hultgren Motorsport
RallyX Nordic newsletter