The Supercar Lites class was very much a Norwegian benefit at Höljes, with Thomas Holmen winning on Saturday – in his first competitive outing in more than a year-and-a-half – and Sondre Evjen upholding honours on Sunday.
Holmen’s triumph was an emotional one, the teenager topping the intermediate standings, staving off team-mate Simon Olofsson in the semi-final and surviving first corner contact with Evjen and Ben-Philip Gundersen in the final to go on to seal a tremendously popular success ahead of Olofsson and Evjen.
Twenty-four hours later, it was Evjen’s turn to shine, as the JC Raceteknik ace – who is dovetailing his RallyX Nordic Supercar Lites title tilt with a Supercar drive in the FIA European Rallycross Championship this year – led home team-mate Gundersen and local hero Linus Östlund, whose Saturday charge had been undone by gear linkage issues.
The 2019 RallyX Nordic season will resume for round three on Danish soil at Nysum in a fortnight’s time (1/2 June).
Supercar Lites Final Result – Saturday
1. Thomas HOLMEN (NOR) Thomas Holmen 5 laps
2. Simon OLOFSSON (SWE) Simon Olofsson +1.361s
3. Sondre EVJEN (NOR) JC Raceteknik +1.620s
Supercar Lites Final Result – Sunday
1. Sondre EVJEN (NOR) JC Raceteknik 5 laps
2. Ben-Philip GUNDERSEN (NOR) JC Raceteknik +0.812s
3. Linus ÖSTLUND (SWE) Olsbergs MSE +1.155s
Supercar Lites – Championship Standings
1. Thomas Holmen (NOR) 50 points
2. Sondre Evjen (NOR) 49 points
3. Ben-Philip Gundersen (NOR) 45 points
4. Linus Östlund (SWE) 40 points
5. Simon Olofsson (SWE) 39 points
6. Marcus Höglund (SWE) 32 points